Saturday, August 6, 2011

Eden's baking course

It's holiday time, and lots of children are going on all sorts of courses. Eden was asking to bake so many things last week, that we decided that she go on a mini baking course to learn how to make a few things that she would love to know how to make.

Day 1 was pancakes, which she has made before but since we had such an old frying pan, it was a bit of a trick to get the pancakes flipped without them breaking, so I always ended up doing it. This time Eden did the whole thing by herself, our new frying pan is simply splendid.
Ciara enjoying them for 10am snack time. (Can you believe how much her hair has grown???)

Day 2
was scones, a big favourite of Eden's. I got to pass on the secret that my mom passed on to me for perfect fluffy scones, so now the scone torch goes on to the next generation. Wink wink Nana Norma!!
Day 3 was chocolate eclairs. They do sound daunting, but actually are surprisingly easy. The only help Eden needed was the last stage of the choux pastry to mix the eggs in. By the 5th and 6th egg you need a lot of muscle to incorporate the egg in properly and that is where I came in, but I am sure it won't be long before she can do them on her own.
Piping fun, Eden tried some cool shapes.
These actually came out better than I have ever had mine come out, I took the recipe of the internet, so best I keep that version for future baking.
Proud cook('scuse the bad hair do, Eden has decided to grow it long again, and some days are just plain bad hair days).
Yummy, we took some to dad's office too, and he was pleased to get some at work.
Day 4 is lemonade. Eden loves everything lemon so was very chuffed to be making this, it goes well with the lovely sunshine too. Some of the lemonade was used in making ice lollies - highly recommended.


No comments: